It’s no secret that rain barrels are gaining popularity among homeowners. Learn about ways to use your rain barrel and what the benefits are.
Ways to use your rain barrel:
- Water your garden, grass and indoor plants.
- Clean outdoor furniture and tools.
- Moisten your compost bin when it’s drying up.
Why you should use a rain barrel:
- Save Money and Water: Using rain water instead of tap water for outdoor use, reduces your water bill.
- Protect Your Municipality Water Supply: Collecting water in your rain barrel slows it down from rushing into local lakes and rivers. This helps decrease storm runoff and the level of pollution going into local watersheds.
- Better Gardens: Improve the growth and vitality of your plants by feeding them rain water instead of tap water that has many chemicals including chlorine and fluoride.
- Reduce Risk of Basement Flooding: Disconnecting downspouts from your sewer drain and connecting them to your rain barrel reduces the risk of basement flooding. If your rain barrel begins to get full there is an overflow hose that carries water away from your house.
CHECK OUT OUR HELPFUL VIDEOS TO SEE THE BENEFITS OF RAIN BARRELS.